Dr Kate Morlet-Brown
I find it deeply satisfying to enable patients to not only function well with respect to their chewing and speech, but also maximise their facial aesthetics and consequently improve their self-esteem.
I am fascinated with facial structure and form, have a great interest in facial disproportion and also the ageing face. I follow and practice the latest advances in aesthetics and applaud the fact that such treatments are becoming far more accepted.
I am married and have 3 teenage children. I love cooking and entertaining, but also being at Rottnest Island off the coast of Perth where I can swim and admire the wildlife and nature. I support Telethon and the RFDS as I have a passion for the outback, a legacy of my father who was a flying doctor in the northwest in the 1960’s
Registered specialist oral and maxillofacial surgeon, a surgical speciality that bridges both dentistry and medicine and is solely concentrated on the face, jaws and mouth.
- Practicing since 1992
- Completed over 18 years of training with undergraduate degree in both dentistry and medicine
- Practiced as a general dentist in community based hospitals in Perth and Thursday Island far north QLD
- Lived worked and studied in the UK for over 5 yrs, based mainly at the prestigious St Richards’s hospital in Chichester but also Queen Alexandra Portsmouth, St Thomas’ London, St Georges London
- Obtained full post graduate fellowship in dentistry at the royal college of surgeons in London
- Preclinical medical degree obtained at University of London at the Royal Free Hospital
- Returned to Perth to complete medical degree at University of WA
- Orthopaedic, general surgery and geriatric medical terms completed in Victoria prior to commencing Higher surgical training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Undertook Postgraduate Masters degree at university of Melbourne
- Obtained Specialist qualification and full fellowship in OMS with the RACDS
- Returned to Perth for fellowship in trauma and orthognathic surgery
- Private practice since 2003 AHPRA registered as both medical and dental specialist, OMS
- Accreditation committee ANZAOMS for over 5 yrs
- Multiple teaching and lecturing duties, locally, nationally and internationally each year since 2008
- Works collaboratively with dentists, doctors, specialist prosthodontists, orthodontists, endodontists and plastic and reconstructive surgeons.
- Sees full spectrum of OMS
- Simple and complex implantology
- Reconstructive and regenerative procedures
- Facial form and corrective jaw surgery
- Non-surgical cosmetic procedures